Friday, January 22, 2010

September

Well, September was a pretty busy month for us. First of all, we moved. Actually, that took place the very end of August but all the unpacking took place in September... and November :) I don't have any pics of the move...not sure why, just didn't think of it. One memorable event that took place during the move happened the night after we moved pretty much everything out of the old place and I went back to clean. I walked in the front door and the entire kitchen, laundry room and dining room, and a bit into the living room was flooded. I'm talking standing water above the carpet! What a mess! I was in for more cleaning than I had thought. After investigating where in the world all this water came from, it didn't take long to discover that our water heater had burst releasing gallons of water. Praise God, all of our things were no longer in that house! Can you imagine what a mess that would have been? Most of our packed boxes had been in the laundry closet and dining room area and some in the kitchen! God was so good to us to allow us to get in early at our current home and let the water heater burst after our things were moved out! It was a BIG mess and I was there for almost 9 hours, but nothing of ours was damaged and it was a rental!

Also, our very good friends, Mande and Bryan and their little guy Jonas, came to visit!! We love having them here! Graycen and Jonas are very close in age so it was fun to see them interact...or should I say beat each other up! One day we went to an apple orchard. Although we didn't stay long...the flies were horrible! We went to the "petting farm" to let the kids pet the animals. As much as they enjoyed it, I was completely grossed out...the ground was pretty much completely covered with poo and flies were swarming everywhere. And you know what happens when there are tons of flies and poo. I tiptoed my way through and took pictures and enjoyed the kids enjoying themselves, that is until Graycen tripped and landed on his hands and knees directly onto a fresh pile of poo. That was it...out we went. I think I used my whole container of wipes and sanitizer to clean up that mess. yuck. Then about 10 minutes later I look down at Graycen in the stroller to find that he had removed his shoe with poo remains on it and it was now being used as a chew toy....IN HIS MOUTH!!!! More wipes and a drink and what else can you do?


Bryan, Mande and Jonas


Graycen, Emmi, and B in "the family tree"


at the "petting farm". Tim giving Graycen the how-to on feeding a horse.


Emmi in her element...with animals. She LOVES animals and made sure to give each of them some love. This particular Llama had some funky teeth.


Graycen and a donkey. He never did get the feeding down, but he tried.



B and Emmi on a pony ride. Those poor ponies...I felt so bad for them.



We left pretty much right after the pony ride...the flies were unbearable.



B and Emmi practicing their head/hand stands. Now they can do them without the wall.

B turns 6! Can't believe it!


On a walk exploring our new neighborhood.



Graycen having a snack in the lobby.


Graycen's favorite place to hide during hide-and-seek. Under the vanity sink in my room. I've also found him hiding in here with some prohibited items, such as gum, lotion and my chapstick...oh ya, and a stick of butter.

No comments: