Although some of you may sigh at yet another post about silly things my munchkins say. Here is yet another one. I want to remember these little things and this is the best way for me to journal them. And you never know, you might even giggle a bit :) Both of these conversations took place yesterday at different points in the day.
As most of you may know, Emmi relates most things to food. Here is an example...
As I'm playing with Emmi's hair she says sniffing the air around her in delight, "Mom, what's that smell?!"
"I don't smell anything?"
"I smell it!"
Then I realize it might be my hands. Graycen removed his poopy diaper during nap time once again and so I had bleached his entire crib and mattress just a couple hours earlier. I put my hand up to her nose and say, "Is it this smell?"
"Mmmm...yes... it smells like chips!!"
****************************************
Emmi has been having some anxiety about being alone in her room at night and has had some scary dreams/thoughts. So the past week I've been trying to have her think of good/true things like it instructs in Phil. 4:8 (something I think will be a nightly ritual). So, as I'm laying in bed chatting with her about the day I ask her, "Emmi, what are you thankful for?"
"God."
"Me too Em. Very much."
"What else are you thankful for?"
"Jesus."
"Why are you thankful for Jesus?"
"Because I love him."
"What did Jesus do for you Emmi?"
"He died on the cross because he loves me and wanted to take my sin away."
"That's right Emmi. I love Jesus very much too!"
"Mom, I'm thankful for one more thing.....my thumb."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Jess that is great. Having them love Jesus is the most important thing in the world!
Love, Katie
Oh Em! How adorable! What great things to be thankful for! I'm sure Mommy was thankful for her thumb at that age too! :0) Love you guys like the dickens!
She has got to be the cutest little girl!! Such a sweetie pie. How wonderful to know about Jesus and love him at her age!! God has a special plan for you Em!!Love you lots.
Grandma
Oh Jessica, that second story really made me laugh. Just when you think you are having this deep conversation with them, they revert to something concrete! How funny. Delaine
Post a Comment