Monday, June 8, 2009

An update is in order

Well due to the lack of posts, I guess you can assume that life has been a bit busy lately...actually, when isn't it? Well I guess it's been a little more than usual.
I haven't been taking many pictures lately, which I am very bummed about. I have a large camera so I can't just slip in in my purse and go. I have to bring a big bag too. So, unfortunately, no pictures this time.

Along with Summer have come some fun things. My little bro graduated this year. Crazy. We are 9 years apart so when I left for college he was still in elementary school. I've never been able to get past that he's older than that. It's a very weird feeling for me. I went to his graduation and then the next day we went to his open house. A bunch of my extended family was there, and I am really bummed that I didn't even think to bring my camera. Still kicking myself for that. But it was good to visit with them and for them to see how the kids have grown.

Summer has also brought swimming. At our townhouse development we have a "community" pool. It's nothing extravagant but it serves it's purpose. We've, the kids and I, made several trips there. B and Emmi LOVE it. Emmi still needs a floaty, but B can reach the bottom which is a huge plus. Graycen just won't go in the pool. The first time we went to the pool it was very full, kids and adults everywhere splashing & screaming (which are what pools are all about!) so Graycen went in but was very uneasy the whole time. Since then he hasn't wanted to go in the water. So, he just wanders around the pool peeking at the ducks on the other side of the fence and making me nervous by going right up to the edge. I'm sure by the end of the summer he will be a little fish like his brother and sister.

We had my very good friends Mande and Amber and her daughter Amira come visit this past weekend. It was so good to see them and meet little Amira, who is just beautiful by the way, for the first time. It was way too short but we had a good time. Tim watched all the kids so we could go out and have some girly time! What a man!

We also have some important appointments this summer for the kids which you can be praying for. Brayden has an appt. with a neurologist tomorrow afternoon to determine the cause of his daily headaches he's had for quite awhile. I'm guessing that tomorrow will be more of a consultation and that testing will be done at a later time. But I will keep you updated.
Also, in July, Graycen has an appt. with his eye doctor to check his vision. At our last appt before his surgery she informed us that he would most likely need glasses by the age of 2.

We will be heading to MI the end of June to celebrate Tim's Mom's 70th birthday. We haven't traveled there in years. It will be an interesting trip with all the kids driving 14+ hours and all staying in a very tiny house. I'm sure I'll have some fun stories and hopefully pics :)

You can be praying that God would give us wisdom where he would like us to live come this fall. We are looking for another place to rent and have to make our decision by July 1st.

Well , that's all for now. Hopefully the next post will contain some pictures!

No comments: